Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dylan Turns 3!!!





Since this was the first birthday that Dylan was actually aware was occuring, I let him pick out his own cake. He chose this "catapilla" cake made of cupcakes. He loved it and kept going to the counter to look at it ALL DAY! I told him we were going to put 3 candles on it because he was going to be 3 yrs. old. He said, "I'm 8, I'm goin' to get baptized!" (We've attended 2 cousins baptizms lately) He told everyone he came in contact with that day that he was 8 and he was getting baptized. He even told my parents that when they returned from Canada a week after his birthday. They said, "How old are you Dylan?" And he said "I'm 8, I'm goin' to get baptized."


8 comments:

Stacy and Derek said...

He is such a cutie and that caterpillar cake was a hit! I just showed those pics to Isaac and he said "Ooo...messy! Need a fork!" :)

LBJ said...

How adorable can you get! Those little "nakey" boys eyeing that cake melted my heart. We are so glad you shared this on your blog since we missed the big day. No vacation in Aug.next year!!!!!

Livingston Family News said...

Happy 8th Birthday Dylan...(haha) It looks like he had lots of fun...Wish we were there to help celebrate his big day...Love ya

Rogers said...

I love the cake...it looks so yummy! I can't believe he is getting baptised already...time does fly but I didn't think it was that fast (lol)! What a handsome boy he is not a baby anymore thats for sure.

vimahi said...

Love the "catapilla" - - He's so cute!! We miss you guys.

Stacey said...

Jen! I love the cake too! You are totally voted the mother of the year! Congratulations! The picture of the kids 1st day is so so cute! Rach- stop trying to be so gorgeous! You are going to have every single boy in town after you! No boys till after your mission! Ha Ha! Love, Stacey J.

Rocker Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rocker Mama said...

Super cute cousin pics! They are going to be quite the trouble making trio in days to come. ;)But, for right now they are angels!!!
That caterpillar "cake" rocks!
I may steal that idea...