Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our French Anniversary!

So...I always blog about my kids because I think they are wonderful and my whole world revolves around them. However, this one is just about me. Exactly 1 year ago my family embarked on an amazing journey to France and Switzerland. My dad served his mission there and has been a French professor for 35 yrs. He has always dreamed of taking his children back the place he loves so dearly. Last May that dream became a reality. 12 of us packed up and headed for Paris. After a chaotic journey there, (that's another whole story) we finally arrived in Paris and began the trip of a lifetime. We saw all the tourist attractions...the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Arc de Triumphe, the Louvre, Versaille, etc. Then we headed north for some out of the way places and drove through some beautiful country to the Normandy Beaches and Mont St. Michel and many more. After an exciting ride on the high speed train to Geneva, we visited the mission home where my dad had served. We got to see where he lived and where he tracted, and where they sang in the park to attract investigators. It was a wonderful opportunity to share those places that had meant so much to him. Of course this is only a handful of places we went to and things we saw. The 10-day trip was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I will forever be grateful to my parents for taking us on that journey!

Now, to explain the picture above...to celebrate the one year anniversary of our glorious trip to France and Switzerland, we went out to a new french resteraunt in Suprise called Amuse Bouche (is that spelled right dad?) Anyway, we ate great french food and talked all night about our incredible memories of that trip. Truly, the trip of a lifetime!

3 comments:

vimahi said...

How fun!! Happy times - -
My kids are counting they days til you come this summer. Funny thing is that they keep saying that "aunty Jen" is coming - nothing about the kids. Both Jonah and Charley - they ask how long almost daily It's so interesting to me

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

It was seriously an incredible trip. I wanna go back RIGHT NOW!!!!! And for some reason I am NOT getting my way on this!!!! I wanna go back and I am dangerously close to laying on the floor kicking and screaming.

Is Ryan awake or stoned in that picture? I can't tell! Either way he looks goofy :)

Ryan Jameson said...

That trip was SO awesome. It was so great to reconnect with all my sisters and my brother as we shared such an amazing experience together.

BTW, Linsey...I can hear you...